Mario the tanuki murderer

ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho KingMadison Heights, MI Icrontian
edited November 2011 in Gaming

Comments

• ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    PETA just does this stuff to get attention. Hate to say it, but you're giving them exactly what they want. Probably would be better off just ignoring those nut jobs... as long as they're not breaking any laws that is.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Oho, this is beautiful love learning about what these wackos are up to in the world.

This article may have just made my day.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    This is my favorite thing they've done since the Sea Kittens. Which surprisingly is still online AND with more things to choose from!

fcmwwn.jpg

And let's not forget this classic game.

npqvzd.jpg
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Should we tell them about Snake Eater? Perhaps we all should be worried about Super Meat Boy? Time to check the Burgertime Chef to make sure he is only serving the fniest soy based patties??? :confused2

PETA "get active" game site.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    What PETA doesn't like to tell you is that they're the leader in pet euthanasia.
    In 2009, PETA euthanized 2,301 dogs and cats -- 97 percent of those brought in -- and adopted only eight, according to Virginia state figures.
    source
    edited November 2011
    Kwitko wrote:
    What PETA doesn't like to tell you is that they're the leader in pet euthanasia.

source

HERP

'Hey guys don't kill animals...now if you'll excuse me I have to put down 97% of the dogs and cats in our shelters.'

Wackos and Hypocrites, beautiful.
  • FitzkriegFitzkrieg British Columbia
    edited December 2011

So, my time was 32 seconds, how about everyone else?
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    13 seconds and 5 coins is my record.
  • FitzkriegFitzkrieg British Columbia
    edited December 2011
    13 seconds and 5 coins is my record.
    Dang, you're good.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Apparently, PETA has turned, and are now claiming it was "all a joke", and that they "love the Mario games."

(source: vg.no)
  • edited November 2011
    If i had a fire flower for every IQ point PETA does not have, I could set the world ablaze with 8-bit fire
    edited November 2011
    Even still, by using Mario in a video game they are technically stealing Nintendo's intellectual property...I can't wait to see how this gets handled.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Parody is fair use.
    edited November 2011
    I suppose, I rarely think of PETA's actions as falling under parody however.

Well that and in Canada parody is not a defence to a copyright claim...such as featuring a character of intellectual property in a video-game.

EDIT: The game nowhere mentions Nintendo as the original creator of Mario. Therefore under neither Canada's copyright law or 'Fair Dealing' is it protected and is thus considered copyright infringement and theft of intellectual property.

Of course I don't know what the copyright laws in the US are so this is purely my own viewpoint based on the laws I know of.
  • edited November 2011
    I love animals, I love videogames, I love a good steak, because they hate these things (and are crazy)
    I HATE PETA, anyone with a normal mind and an IQ over seven (7) can stomach video game violence normally.