Do you have treasure in your Team Fortress 2 backpack?

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited November 2011 in Gaming

Comments

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    A high demand hat, such as The Team Captain, with a high demand effect, such as Sunbeams, can and has sold for upwards of $1000.

s6up81.png

I knew this had turned into trading real money but wow.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Hmmmm... Wonder what I have lurking in my bag.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I have an unopened crate. Hmmmmmmm.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    You can also get an estimate of your backpack's value here:

http://tf2wh.teamfortress.org/

(it's incorrect for unusuals).

snark, i wouldn't open that crate. That one came out before you could get "strange" items from crates. This means the non-hat non-usual non-paint items are actually worth something.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Eh, I have one unusual and it's the only one I'll ever need.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    API Error on the steam backpack value estimator page... I have no idea what the stuff I have is worth...
    edited November 2011
    it's getting hit pretty hard - try a few more times.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    shwaip wrote:
    That one came out before you could get "strange" items from crates. This means the non-hat non-usual non-paint items are actually worth something.

I would phrase that differently. In the newer crates you have a better chance of getting a Strange weapon that is worth more then a scrap. As more and more of the current series crates get opened, there is more and more supply of the particular strange weapons. Most of the strange weapons can easily be acquired for a Reclaimed Metal (The equivalent of six weapons), some as low as a scrap (Two weapons).

Most of the time you are better off trading a key for 2-2.33 Refined Metal and then trade metal for the strange you want.

-Digi
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Ok it didn't give me an error, but it says this backpack is private.
    edited November 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    I would phrase that differently. In the newer crates you have a better chance of getting a Strange weapon that is worth more then a scrap. As more and more of the current series crates get opened, there is more and more supply of the particular strange weapons. Most of the strange weapons can easily be acquired for a Reclaimed Metal (The equivalent of six weapons), some as low as a scrap (Two weapons).

Most of the time you are better off trading a key for 2-2.33 Refined Metal and then trade metal for the strange you want.

-Digi

Well his crate is series 7 - which was before they had stranges in them. There is literally zero chance of getting a strange...and there's no way the non-strange items will be worth more than 1/2 a scrap.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    This thread is making my brain hurt....
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Who do I sell my TF2 backpack junk to for $?
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I actually traded Bill's hat just because some kid really wanted it and asked nicely.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    fatcat wrote:
    Who do I sell my TF2 backpack junk to for $?

There is no easy way to answer this. I could advise you on some sites where items are traded for cash and would forewarn that sales are not always instant, it will take a little work and the possibility is always there to get scammed when you are dealing with real world money.

-Digi
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited November 2011
    Evidently, my backpack is worth 46.80 US$!

BTW, if you look at the Todays Top 10 you'll see a player named .n00bz.cdxliv Skyriming.. We just call him CD, he's in my TF2 clan.
  • edited November 2011
    Fun fact: the highest amount an unusual has ever been bought for was a Burning Flames Team Captain, which sold for $2000 (not in promos, real cash). There is currently someone on SourceOp offering "97 buds + max + burning armored authority." This totals to ~ $2700 - $3200.
  • Ahhh... Back when I was new to TF2... I found a crate, traded for a key, opened it up and guess what? It was an unusual backwards baseball cap! Being a noob, I sold it for only two reclaimed metal. I feel so sad now...
  • ^ I feel your pain - but not really. I only traded some 3 ref stuff for recs, before I clued in. 1% chance of getting an unusual is sooooo low. You could easily open hundreds and not get one.
  • oh meant to give kudos to the author for writing this, good info to understand.