It took Nintendo to redefine gaming. Again.

2»

Comments

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Bandrik wrote:
    "there's about six games worth playing... and a bunch of gimmicky fluff."

That gimmicky fluff made them a hell of a lot of money. I just hope there is a better balance between fluff and good games this time.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    BAQ2x.jpg
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    For me, some of the "gimmicky fluff" on the Wii is a huge blessing. Have a kid, work 50 hours a week, plus side work to keep up with your bills, then when it comes game time and your kid wants in, sometimes that easy to pick up and play ten minute experience is the perfect cure to what ails you. I'll go this far to say, the Wii has improved my quality of life. Yes, its a huge statement, but its true and I'm sure many feel the same way. A round of Wii Sports Resort, or Wii Play is a big deal at our house. Its something we all agree is pretty good entertainment.

The Wii had something for everybody. Why do the "core gamers" whine about the selection of games they don't want? Are there not plenty of lousy games on the 360 and PS3? I guess because they are "core experiences" somehow those suck ass games don't count against the consoles total? Lets get real, look at the history of console gaming, when the smoke blows over and the console is a memory how many machines have more than say a dozen really memorable great titles? If I go into Gamestop today, I don't care what console it is, its going to break down like this, about 50% garbage, 25% ho hum average stuff, 15% good stuff, and 10% that you will remember playing years from now. Its always been this way, its just the nature of it, its like buying music, or going to the movies, or reading, you got to weed through some crap to find the really good stuff. I don't think this problem is exclusive to the Wii.

Also, lets get real, at least the Wii delivered on its promises. It extended the gaming audience, the console you paid for actually works reliably for years, and Nintendo had the foresight you know, to secure its online network from hackers... Listen, Microsoft and Sony barely know how to run a console division, Nintendo is the pro, they have been at it longer, it is their core business, and yes, they consistently do it better than anyone else.

Also, look, Sony and Microsoft have essentially copied them, because they know this is what the home console market has voted on. Just because there is Kinect and Move does not mean your not going to get your Halo or Ratchet and Clank sequel's. "Core gamers" casual motion based games are no threat to you! Don't like em, don't play em, but stop whining about them as if they infringe on your space. Home consoles are not just machines for 16 year old boys to enact their adolescent fantasy's on. Get over it.

I love my Wii, I play with it often. When I play with my own Wii, it won't take my credit card info to spend my money. When I play with my own Wii, it never leaves me in a red ring fit of rage. Playing with my Wii is right for me.
  • edited June 2011
    I love my wii as well and for me, wii sports is an endless source of enjoyment especially with my dad and brother. Although i do wish i wouldn't keep losing to a 7 year old at ddr =( and this is my going to be my new catchphrase: "Playing with my Wii is right for me." xD
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Jordan,

In the world there are two kinds of people. Those that love playing with their Wii and those that lie about it....
  • JordanGopieJordanGopie Trinidad
    edited June 2011
    Jordan,

In the world there are two kinds of people. Those that love playing with their Wii and those that lie about it....

Hey i do love playing with my wii, i have that and an xbox and the games for that aren't suitable for an 8 year old to play so i'm very glad to have an experience to share with my brother. With the wii you can actually have fun playing with your entire family because my dad and myself are hella busy its nice to have something to do with each other
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I can bowl with my grandpa on the Wii. Can't imagine doing it on any other console or PC.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    2j68vio.jpg
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    I want that physical solar system pretty bad.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    Snarkasm wrote:
    I want that physical solar system pretty bad.

For all we know, there really is a solar system-sized 360 controller floating around in space. It may be just big enough for UPSLynx to hold it properly. :cool2:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    <S>XBOX HUEG</S> WIIU HUEG
  • edited October 2011
    ... MUST CONQUER NEW SOLAR SYSTEM.
    IT WOULD LOOK NICE IN MY EMPIRE.
    edited October 2011
    Did this thing ever come out?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    ? No release date has been announced...
    edited October 2011
    So no, then.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Snarkasm wrote:
    Did this thing ever come out?

It did, but it was in the recent distant future.