Rock Band 3 demonstration at E3 2010

Comments

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Can I hook up my Epihphone Dot? The day I can hook any real guitar into it is the day they win.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    I dunno about a guitar, but they did mention the fact that you could hook up a real mini keyboard with an adapter that they will be making and use that, so the guitar might actually be possible too.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Probably not (although I had the same thought). The big requirement is for the MIDI output, which will likely require an analog-digital converter. The RB3 MIDI adapter converts the MIDI signal to controller input, which is why you'll likely need the specific guitar...until someone makes a MIDI converter box for a regular guitar (if it doesn't already exist).
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Joe you need more bouncing in the video ;)
  • Wow, a real guitar? Would you have to buy a special guitar for it to work?

Wait... is that what mertesn is saying? You'd need a guitar with MIDI output?

I've always wanted to play guitar, but been too lazy/self-defeating to pull it off. This sounds like a darn fun way to do it, with friends playing along, no less.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited June 2010
    They are putting out a special edition 'real' guitar that has full strings full frets and can connect to a regular amp if you want.
    More info here
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Joe is SO into. I love this clip.

Keyboards are way more difficult than I ever expected.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    You can't use just any real guitar for RB3, but a special real guitar model from Fender (likely followed by a Gibson) will do dual duty as a controller and can be amped, either at the same time you play RB3 or independently.